The Richmond Area Literacy Chapter (RALC) is an affiliate of the Virginia State Literacy Association and committed to promoting literacy in Virginia. Any individual interested in promoting reading, writing, and the love of literature is invited to join.
RALC serves the following locations: Amelia County, Charles City County, Chesterfield County, Cumberland County, Goochland County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King & Queen County, King William County, New Kent County, Powhatan County, Colonial Heights (City), Hopewell (City), Richmond (City), and West Point (Town)
The purposes of RALC are:
- To encourage the study of reading instruction at all educational levels
- To disseminate knowledge regarding trends, research and new developments in the teaching of reading
- To stimulate and promote research in developmental, creative, corrective, and remedial reading
- To promote a lifetime love of reading through the collaboration of educators, parents, and administrators in elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as colleges and universities.
RALC invites you to join the literacy advocates to:
- Help students achieve their full educational potential
- Find new and better strategies for teaching students
- Keep abreast of new trends in reading education and instruction
- Network with other professionals.
- Be an active participant
- Help others learn to read