Teachers as Readers Grant
- Applicant must be a member of RARC.
- Groups must consist of 5 or more participants.
- Discussion group must meet at least 4 times from February through June 2020.
- Copies of receipts for books purchased must be submitted to the Grant Chairperson by July 1, 2020.
- Group leader must submit dates met, a list of participants, and a summary of the discussions to the Grant Chairperson by July 1, 2020.
- Grants will be announced by February 7, 2020.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2FLQQDJDeadline to apply: January 24, 2020
We have several leadership positions open for the 2020-2021 school year. Let us know if you are interested (or know someone who might be interested) in any of these positions. Brief descriptions are included below:
- Vice-President (helps to organize the fall conference and assists the President-Elect and President as needed). This a three year commitment and this person will transition to President-Elect and then President.
- Secretary (attends meetings and takes minutes approximately 4-5 meetings a year). This is a two year commitment.
- Treasurer (records our membership revenue and works with the VSRA treasurer to pay expenses). This is a two year commitment.
- Member at Large (attends meetings and shares responsibilities of the leadership team).
- Young Writers Chair (organizers the Young Writers contest and celebration).
The RARC Teachers as Readers Grant is now open for submissions! See more about the grant under the Committees tab found under the About section at the top of the page. You can also click on this link to find out more: https://richmondreads.com/about/committees/teachers-as-readers-grant/
VSRA also has several grants and awards for teachers and full-time students. Many are due December 15th or January 15th. Apply today! https://www.vsra.org/awards
Save the date for the RARC Spring Conference! The conference will take place on March 26, 2019 from 4:30-6:30 PM at Swift Creek Middle School. Keynote speaker: John Slagle.
The Virginia State Reading Association will host educators from around the state to unlock the treasures of literacy from March 14-16, 2019 in Norfolk, Virginia at The Norfolk Waterside Marriott & Hilton Norfolk The Main.
During this time, educators will explore all areas of literacy with nationally-known speakers who will share a variety of approached, methods, and strategies. Attendees will immediately be able to incorporate this information into their daily instructional routines.